Tuesday, December 31, 2013

2013

At the end of 2012 I wrote
2013...
My only resolution is to floss more... my dentist would be so proud.  
But my vision for my life in 2013 is one of change and forward motion.
I'm not sure what will happen in 2013... I have no idea what my life will be like, where I will live, what I will be doing, or who I will know... and I'm excited for all the possibilities that exist in those uncertainties. 

I'm  happy to report that I have flossed more consistently this year.   Happy teeth and happy gums.
More seriously, I knew this year would bring a significant change, and I'm glad that after a few setbacks this year lived up to its word. 

Highlights of 2013:
I joined the Backwoods Hiking Club which lead me to new friendships and outdoor adventures with a group of fantastic women.

Took a ceramics class with Jess!

C & L: One New Thing... so many wonderful adventures and frolics.

Went to Denver with C - at that time I had no idea this would be my home and I'd be skiing almost every weekend!

Experienced a devastating tornado, and watched the community respond with grace and love.

Spent many fantastic hours poolside.

Explored Colorado and Moab with C!

Watched two wonderful friends celebrate their love and enjoyed a NYC reunion!

And then came Plan C... and it turns out third time really is a charm.
After the PCT and grad school didn't work out, I made a risky leap of faith.  And so far, it has turned out to be quite the success.
On moving to Denver: Undoubtedly one of the best decisions I've ever made.
On teaching again: The jury's still out.

This year was full of uncertainty and a fair amount of disappointment... but it was also full of thousands of memories that embodied "enjoy the small moments" and significantly positive forward motion. 

In 2014 I look forward to many wonderful adventures in Colorado, and I hope to solidify a career plan.

Resolutions:
1. Stick to a budget.
2. Cook through a cookbook.

I'm ready & excited for all that 2014 will hold.
Happy New Year!

No comments:

Post a Comment