Friday, June 28, 2013

Summer Fun: Poolside!

Spending time at the pool is one of my favorite things about summer and lucky for me, I've been poolside probably 3-5 times a week so far this summer!
Swimming laps is my favorite form of exercise in the summer.
- great full body workout
- expand the lungs
- spend time in the sun & get tan!
I've gotten a lot better at swimming laps too!  Its nice to see yourself improve in things like that. 

C and I have started doing (baby) (reverse) triathlons!
Last week I did the sprint distances - run 3 mi, bike 12 mi, swim 1/2 mi. 
I really enjoy the challenge and its so nice to have cooling off, laying out, and relaxing in the sun be the reward!

But pool time is not all work and no play!

Last weekend C and I had a blast at the pool!  Her dad was in town and we played with a ball (27 volleys!), had races for searching for quarters her dad tossed in the water, and made this synchronized swimming routine! Note: our hair is a hot mess, but we don't care. :)
It was so much fun! Adults don't play like children often enough.  
Why should kids have all the fun?

Today is C's birthday! I took off work so we could play all day - guess where we're headed... to the pool!!

4 comments:

  1. i LOVE yalls synchronized swimming dance! its amazing!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. hahaha! i love your video! and their dad's commentary! hahaha

    ReplyDelete
  3. hahaha great job! i was impressed!

    are you thinking about doing a Tri?

    ReplyDelete