Wednesday, July 3, 2013

happyhappyhappyPANIChappyhappy

9 days until my last day of work
12 days until my road trip with C
28 days until my trip to NYC
31 days until Emilie/Lyndsey's wedding
38 days until I move to Colorado!

Take all that excitement and add in all the little daily joys of summer, Norman, and friends and it is easily a good time in life.

Honestly, I've been really surprised with my ease and comfort through this uncertain transition... especially since generally, things have not been going smoothly so far - at all.  But I remain hopeful.  Somehow, my belief (more like an understanding) that it will all work out is overpowering my frustrations and doubts.

But let's be honest - my emotional graph would look exactly like that EKG line.  The aforementioned clam, excitement, and happiness interrupted by panic/anxiety attacks.   Sometimes they come randomly when I just over-think the magnitude of life's obligations and/or goals... sometimes they come from my continuing streak of bad luck/things just not working like they're supposed to.  By the end of this year I am going to be one care-free, patient, and hopeful person. :)

Updates!
1. Apartment
The bad:
- It makes me nervous to live in a place/area I have never seen in person.
- I already have some concerns with the efficiency/accuracy of the office staff... I'm thinking and hoping that my experience so far has been an exception.
The good:
- Sally and I will officially not be homeless. 
- Our little studio apartment has a community pool, rooftop, fitness center, and lots of parks nearby!  
- There is a young community feel - they offer free yoga, beer socials, and poolside movie hangouts.  Should be helpful in meeting new people!
Moving forward:
- I have no furniture... will need to fix that.
- I've been looking up some DIY projects and getting excited about setting up a new place!

2. Job
The bad:
- I have run into more issues than I could have ever expected with my attempts to become a sub, get alt certified, or transfer my alt cert credentials from NY and just get certified.  It has been a hot mess. 
- People have been super unhelpful and I have never had more people not return phone calls or emails ever before... contact me back!!
The good:
- There is a very clear need for teachers in DPS - still over 100 openings for the next school year!  While this isn't necessarily a sign for my employment this fall, it is a good sign for my future employment. 
- I have friends of friends who are teaching in Denver and I'm excited about making/creating contacts and relationships there!
Moving forward:
- I'm pretty certain things will get smoother.
- Almost positive I won't have this much difficulty finding a waitress gig to supplement income. 

3. Fun
The bad:
n/a
The good:
- I found a blog/list for dog-friendly hiking in Coloardo... Sally is so excited!
- I'm excited to explore a new city/home and make it my own.
- I can't wait to hang out with Kirsten & Preston and have lots of fun adventures!
Moving forward:
- EXCITEMENT!

2 comments:

  1. I'm so excited about all of your upcoming life experiences!! For what it's worth, you are already a "care-free, patient, and hopeful person," and you've handled a lot of uncertainty over the past year+ with realism and positivity! Everything is going to be wonderful!!!

    ReplyDelete