Saturday, July 6, 2013

Summer Fun: America!

July 4th is my favorite holiday!

Reasons why it is the best:
1. I love America.
2. I love summer.
3. I love spending the day outside with friends/family/the community.
4. I love a good cookout/bbq/day drinking.
5. I love fireworks!

Highlights from this year's celebrations!

Barbecue Kick Off
Wednesday night the festivities began with a delicious kebob bbq.
Wish I took a picture of the food... so yummy. 

Spending the day at the pool with C & Derek.  
C taught me how to do the flip while we swam laps for a wee bit of exercise to start the day.  Now I swim fancy laps... watch out world. 
Similar to poolside edition, we played games like handstand competitions, quarter races, and Harry Potter read-a-louds.  I proudly sported my American towel... and so did Derek.
This time we added in concession stand ice cream (delicious) and fun on the diving board!
I can't remember the last time I was on a diving board... I was admittedly a little nervous at first but had so much fun.

Sidewalk chalk: an American Driveway
We drank some beers and drew American themed pictures on the driveway with sidewalk chalk.   Again... why is this just for 8 year olds?  Creativity and fun with clean-up provided by the rain? Yes. Pictures included many military themed objects by our very own military man, happy people with fireworks, beer, and of course Abe Licoln (complete with muscles and patriotic shorts) and our beautiful flag.

Every American girl needs an American pup.
Festivities in Bricktown
We met up with Misty and Brett in the city for some drinking and fireworks! 
Fantastic day with fantastic people. 

Happy Birthday, America!

2 comments:

  1. Sally looks so cute! And I'm super jealous of your 4th of july!

    ReplyDelete
  2. what a fun day! you always make me crave a pool!

    ReplyDelete