Monday, December 2, 2013

365 Denver: 111-120

Day 111
Friday, November 22
Hibachi grill and dueling piano bar with the ladies!  Fantastic random events to start Thanksgiving break!

Day 112
Saturday, November 23
Finally finished decorating my entryway!  Thanks to some thrift shopping, all frames cost a total of $13.

Day 113
Sunday, November 24
Crafting.  Attempting to learn how to crochet.  Generally more stressful than enjoyable, but its good to try new things.

Day 114
Monday, November 25
Officially a Coloradan! 

Day 115
Tuesday, November 26
Skiing with Kirsten!  We got to explore lots of new runs and it made me very excited for full mountains with great snow that will come later in the season!  Then volleyball and team karaoke!  Great day. 

Day 116
Wednesday, November 27
Lauren's friend Negra is in town this week and I was lucky enough to spend a lot of time with her - she's fantastic.  Tonight we went out to celebrate Thanksgivukkah - the unusual happenstance of Thanksgiving colliding with Hannukah. 

Unfortunately the night ended in a (amicable) break-up.  It especially hard because even though its probably the right thing long-term, I still really enjoy our current relationship  Also, he has been an incredibly important and prominent part of my life here thus far so his newfound absence creates a great deal of loneliness and sadness.

Day 117
Thursday, November 28
Thanksgiving in Breckenridge.  Loved the people, loved the food... but for a resort town, Breck was surprisingly dead.  And being such a lover of traditions and holidays, I missed being in a home, cooking, watching football, and relaxing with loved ones.

Day 118
Friday, November 29
Hanging out in Breck!

Day 119
Saturday, November 30
A day of moping.  The past two days I've been surrounded by people and activities, so I hadn't really been able to let the break-up sink in.   Then I decided to cheer myself up by decorating for Christmas, watching Elf, drinking wine, and eating an entire pizza... (sometimes you just have to).

Day 120
Sunday, December 1
Day 2 of moping... add in a lot more crying.  Two tissue boxes later, I had gone through a lot of emotions.  In the end, I realized that a lot of little things lead up to this decision - on his part, on mine, and random things we can't really control.  Whether it is right or wrong, it is.  And I have to let the past be past. 

Someday I'll be able to see him as a good friend - one who introduced me to Denver with kindness and caring, shenanigans and friendships, and undoubted companionship. 

2 comments:

  1. Love you, Laura! I'm sorry about the break up and hope you can move on and find happy again soon. Come to Ireland :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. aww i'm sorry about your break up :( hopefully things will get better soon. good thing you have sally to be your snuggle buddy. kingsley and thor always make me feel so much better when i'm sad. i miss you lots and hopefully we can chat soon!

    ReplyDelete