Sunday, December 22, 2013

365 Denver: 131-140

Day 131
Thursday, December 12
Watching the Broncos (lose) and hanging out with friends at my local bar.

Day 132
Friday, December 13
Friday the 13th! Spooky. 
Culture Night at my school.  Seeing this drumline perform made me miss OUPS and various friends through music, but the night as a whole made me miss being a part of something.  Band not only provided an incredible sense of accomplishment and fostered a never-ending love of music, but it also gave me a chance to truly be a part of something - to work towards a common goal with others - to form an unspoken bond.

Day 133
Saturday December 14
Skyped with Brad & Callie for hours tonight... amazing!  Then a spectacular evening with Kirsten & Preston watching the Band of Heathens
Bonus picture:

Day 134
Sunday, December 15
A day of relaxation and movies.

Day 135
Monday, December 16
Our new unit study at school is about musicians and artists.  I brought my flute and played for the kiddos.  I will never know if quitting music was the right choice, but I am grateful that it will always be part of my life.

Day 136
Tuesday, December 17
Last game of the session!  We decided to switch to 6's for next session so it will be less competitive and more social.  I love having volleyball as a part of my week!

Day 137
Wednesday, December 18
Exactly one week before Christmas and I had not gotten a single gift... until I went shopping with Pam!  Pam and I are excellent shopping buddies - accomplished a lot with no bull shit.  We celebrated with sushi dinner and drinks. 

Day 138
Thursday, December 19
Things that don't fit: winter boots, bridesmaid dress, and ski boots... after some adjustments at the store on Friday, the ski botos ended up fitting (HOORAY!) but at the time I was super bummed.

Day 139
Friday, December 20
LAST DAY OF SCHOOL! 
Gingerbread house fun.
See ya on January 7 kiddos.

Day 140
Saturday, December 21
Several inches of fresh powder for my first day with my new skis!!!  I love skiing and I LOVE MY NEW SKIS! Easily top 5 Christmas present I've ever had. A beautiful, snowy day in the mountains skiing and Christmas shopping... definitely a "I love living in Colorado" kind of day.

No comments:

Post a Comment