Thursday, December 12, 2013

365 Denver: 121-130

Day 121
Monday, December 2
Going back to school after a week off was not nearly as hard as I thought it'd be... more like a welcome distraction.  AND THEN I SAW BRAD!  He had a layover in Denver so we got to meet at the airport.  Completely lifted my spirits and made me feel at home.

Day 122
Tuesday, December 3
Kiddos studying with their 4th grade buddies - super adorable.  I was also named staff member of the month so I get a special parking spot!  It doesn't feel deserved, but I'm putting those feelings aside and just enjoying it. 

Day 123
Wednesday, December 4
Sally was overjoyed when I got home today.  I adore coming home to her.

Day 124
Thursday, December 5
This week I've made a mental change towards work.   Up to this point, work has been full of frustration and mediocrity - it demolished my desire to put in more than 50 hours a week. This week I tried to dedicate more of myself to work, understanding that you typically get out of something an equivalent to what you put into it.  I'm still not working nearly as hard as I did in NYC (Colorado is too wonderful for 70-80 hour work weeks)- there is a better balance - but I feel positive about the progress.  Step 1: Changing up my classroom environment.

Day 125
Friday, December 6
Christmas came early!! My Dad asked me "What would delight you?" and I jokingly said "Skis".  I never actually expected skis for Christmas!   I am sooo excited for my new skis and boots!! 

Day 126
Saturday, December 7
Ski weekend fun!  I was on cloud 9 today - Sooner victory, hanging out with wonderful, fun people on a weekend getaway, skied my first black - such a happy day!

Day 127
Sunday, December 8
The busy, fun weekend was physically draining.  Several emotional conversations were emotionally draining.  Sally and I were happy to fall into bed at an early 9:30.

Day 128
Monday, December 9
Met up with Kirsten and the guys at 1Up - a bar full of video games!   I expected to go for a drink... but then I had too much fun.  We checked out a delicious taco place and hit up my local bar.  Fun times. Fun people.

Day 129
Tuesday, December 10
Our class won the spirit stick again this week.  What what!

Day 130
Wednesday, December 11
Post break-up week and the weekend away made for one messy apartment.  Finally took some time to clean and it is once more a welcoming environment.  

1 comment:

  1. It looks like you had a fun week. Glad things are getting more positive! I think Mike and I need a trip to Denver!

    ReplyDelete