Sunday, August 4, 2013

I and Love and You

Living in New York was a profound experience – it shaped my life more so than any other time or place.  No other city in the world quite compares, and I developed a strong love-hate relationship with the way of life here.  I’m glad that now I not only visit the city with ease, having more interest in friends and memories than in museums and sights – but in my visits, I can soak in only the great love, leaving the hate behind.  I can look at an overcrowded intersection and appreciate the hustle and bustle, the diversity, the chaos, and the benefit of public transportation without being annoyed, exhausted, and focused on the potential interruptions to my busied afternoon.  I can reminisce and relive and relove. 
I came to NYC to celebrate the amazing union of two of my favorite people in the world – Emilie and Lyndsey.  Their relationship should be a case study for kindness, compassion, and love. 
Reasons why weddings are my favorite:
  •  It is truly amazing to watch two people vow to love each other through thick and thin till the day they die.  I am overjoyed to see people I care so deeply about celebrate in such happiness and love – a moment unlike any other. 
  • The timeline and story of their life is told by the significant players from all different phases and aspects of their life are gathered together to celebrate them.  It is a joy to meet these people and it allows you to gain a greater understanding of your friend.
  •  Lately, for me, attending weddings has also been an opportunity for reunions. This wedding reminded me of the amazing friendships I made in NYC.   And outside of the wedding I was also able to see Terry and some friends from work!  I have always been blessed by wonderful people, and NYC gave me some damn good ones.
  •  Good food – good drinks – good music – good people – party dress on – can’t go wrong.


This trip to NYC was a fantastic reunion.  A reunion and places and people.  And since I had to cut the trip short, it didn’t even scratch the surface… so I’ll just have to visit again soon!  J

1 comment:

  1. I'm jealous you got to see Terry and that Terry got to see you!!! I'm so excited to hear about your latest adventure :)

    ReplyDelete