Saturday, August 24, 2013

365 Denver: 11-20

Day 11
Wednesday, August 14
My friend came over and helped me continue the IKEA assembly!

Day 12
Thursday, August 15
Oops... went to meet some coworkers at a bar to do some lesson planning.  Never opened up my curriculum; strolled around Denver to a few different bars.  Just got caught up in the all the fun.  Love my coworkers... but also need to get work done haha. 

Day 13
Friday, August 16
Date night!  Yummy pizza, delicious tiramisu, and a stroll at the Brooklyn Botanical Gardens - a lovely "first date".  I wish I had a picture at the gardens instead of this weird spoon-licked picture... oh well.  Good time to note that dating in Denver has been as crazy, full speed as school/apartment/rest of life. Crazy times.

Day 14
Saturday, August 17
Hiking!! Today was 100% full of "I'm so glad I live here" moments.  I met up with a coworker/friend Annie, her boyfriend and his two friends and drove out to Boulder area for a hike.  We got to the top of the mountain (altitude was killing my lungs), and enjoyed beers we packed up.  Then we decided to go off trail, hike around the rim and get back to the car via a trail on the other side.  Looping is always more fun.  we got to see some bonus glacial lakes and bushwhacked through some terrain.  16 miles later, we headed back into town to enjoy a beer at a local brewery.  I loved the hike.  I loved the people.  I loved the day.

Day 15
 Sunday, August 18
Brett and Amy were in town for a wedding so we met up at Snooze for some brunch! Yummmmmm I love snooze... and I love that it is walking distance from my apartment!

Day 16
Monday, August 19
Making progress on my classroom... still a hot mess, but finally feeling a little more in my control.  

Day 17
Tuesday, August 20
A (new) friend came over to help my last IKEA assembly!  In the end, he installed the shelf while I went and got thai food.  I'm so lucky to have found so many handy men willing to help me with my furniture. :)  Pictured is the bottle of local whiskey he brought me as a housewarming gift.  We enjoyed some beverage time up on the rooftop post-IKEA. 

Day 18
Wednesday, August 21
My friend Pat had an extra ticket to see Fun. at Red Rocks... I had originally planned on working all night but are you kidding me? I could not pass that up!  Ever since I heard about Red Rocks I knew I had to go to a concert there.  And may I say - worth all the hype.  It was a gorgeous night at an amazing venue, carved out by nature and fully embraced by artists and fans alike.  We had such a great time! 

Side note: I also met my kiddos and families at school today.  Biggest takeaway: learn Spanish.

Day 19
Thursday, August 22
Date night #2 - beers and bowling.  I love bowling.  I am normally really bad at it, but love it anyway... but I had some date magic going on.  I was getting strikes and spares all over the place!  Top night.

Day 20
Friday, August 23
Welcome to working on a Friday night.  This is what happens when you have play dates during the week.  But honestly, I don't mind it - feels good to have a productive night in.  Also, super excited about setting up my wireless internet and wireless printer! Getting all kinds of fancy and adult-like in here. 
Also proud of myself because I went to happy hour with coworkers after work and unlike the last two times, stayed for one hour and went on with my evening.  Good job me.  Also - love love love my coworkers.

2 comments:

  1. So glad that you are having a blast in CO :) Love seeing you have some adventure and fun- you inspire me to want to make a bold move and try something new!

    ReplyDelete
  2. your place looks cute! i cant wait to see it!

    ReplyDelete