Monday, September 2, 2013

365 Denver 21-30

Day 21
Saturday, August 24
Worked all day... then went out with some work friends AND SARAH! I love how many people come visit Denver. 

Day 22
Sunday, August 25
Yoga therapy - mountain therapy - friend therapy.
OUPS chats fill my heart with so much joy!!  I love that we're still silly and play with the special effect features on Google hangouts and giggle so much.

Day 23
Monday, August 26
First full day with students.
By the numbers:
hours worked - 14
number of students - 29
number of students who didn't have a clue what I said all day long - 8
number of tantrums - 4... at once.
number of meltdowns - 10

In a word? Sigh.

Day 24
Tuesday, August 27
Day 2 with students... in a word? Progress!
I was beyond excited when they remembered what I meant when I asked them to stand up... I couldn't go through another day teaching that ten times. Fewer meltdowns, more excitements... nowhere near perfect, but getting better.

I was also able to finally catch up with my planning (pictured) - all prepared until next Wednesday.  Feels good to be almost caught up. 
Best part? Going home after 12 hours of work and not bringing any work home.  So I could clean my apartment for my first house guest who arrives this weekend!!!

Day 25
Wednesday, August 28
Music festival in Evergreen with Kirsten & Preston!! Going to the mountains after work was like entering a completely different world.  A much more relaxing and fun and wonderful world. 

Day 26
Thursday, August 29
I can't believe that I've already checked off two of my big ticket items for Denver: concert at Red Rocks and going to a Broncos game!!  Preston couldn't use his tickets to that night's game so my friend Lauren and I got to go!!!! (thank yooooou!)  I love how much cheering and enthusiasm Broncos fans have.  I consider myself officially converted to a fan.  

Day 27
Friday, August 30
Feeling very overwhelmed by the task before me with these children.  But then I see the play on the playground or work in these centers together and they show such strong qualities in friendship and exploration and I feel hopeful again. 

Today MOLLY came!! We had a chill night in to gear up for the weekend ahead.

Day 28
Saturday, August 31
In the morning we went to Fort Collins to see some of Molly's friends and go to Tour de Fat... this needs its own post - stay tuned.
OU season opener!! Met up with K/P & Friends at the Denver OU Alumni bar - there are soo many OU fans here!  I love it.
Shenanigans until 3am followed.
I'd say that was a day well lived.

Day 29
Sunday, September 1
Jeep trails!!!  A group of 9 of use went out on some crazy jeep trails.  Legit.
It was the best mountain adventure day.  I can't wait for so many more!!! 
We all camped out at a lake off the jeep trail that night.  I forgot how luxurious car camping could be.  
Good people.  Good nature.  Good adventure.  Good life.
I love Colorado.

Day 30
Monday, September 2
Preston taught me how to shoot a gun!  I used to think I would never so much as hold a gun, but I've changed a bit since then.  And I was surprised at how much fun it was!  
Molly left today :(
And I ended Labor Day weekend with a barbecue at a friend's place.  

Labor day weekend = success x10.

1 comment: