Thursday, September 5, 2013

Tour De Fat

New Belgium Brewery (maker of Fat Tire) hosts a biking and beer festival called Tour De Fat.
10+ thousand people came out to Fort Collins to dress up in costumes, ride some bikes, and drink some beers.
Molly, her friends Ray and Kim, and I went and had a blast!!
The tour is a one mile parade route.  Its beyond packed, so you more walk your bike than ride it... but it makes for excellent people watching.  Streets are lined with onlookers and house parties.
The weirdest thing I brought with me to CO was my ugly Christmas sweater so I happily (and hotly) rocked it.  Kim and Ray went the "wear a weird combo of weird things from a thrift shop" route - which I appreciated greatly. 
Some people were really creative - there was a man who dressed up as "Up" and made his bicycle into a house, dressed as an old man, and had balloons over him. 

 After the parade, all gather for beer, music, food, etc.  A sea of happy, weird people.  Got some beer tokens, made friends with some Oompa Loompas, and enjoyed some day drinking.
Best costume: Miley Cyrus at the VMAs. Hilarious.

Ray and Kim (and everybody else we met) were sooo nice/welcoming/inviting/etc.  A common theme I've found in people here.

I love bikes.
I love beer.
I love costumes.
I love Colorado.


No comments:

Post a Comment