Tuesday, February 19, 2013

one new thing

C and I decided to do one new thing a week!
Whether big or small, its a really fun way to get us trying new things and spending fun time together.
It forces you to think outside of our typical routines and see things in a new open way.

Week 1: Hiking with our backpacks
 Sally and I got our new backpacks and C and I had never been on a hike together before!  It was a lovely time.

Week 2: Making bracelets
I don't have a picture of C's, but it is beautiful.  
I guess technically not something "new" as it was sort of a throwback to middle school, but I figure a 10+ year gap is sufficient for being something "new".  It was actually really therapeutic/calming.  I made another one for a friend and it turned out so even better than the first one! 

Week 3: Watching The Exorcist (eek!)
Recently before bed, C and I have been reading the Exorcist... sounds like a great pre-dream read right?  Surprisingly, no nightmares to date.  The book was really fun to read together... I got to try out a variety of demonic voices which is always fun.  We finished reading this week and watched the movie as our new thing.
Creeeepy.

This week: Star Wars party at the Science Museum
I - am - so - excited.
And I don't even like Star Wars.

Recently, a speaker at a conference I attended was talking about mental stimulation in retirement communities.  He said one of the most important parts was to "be a rookie every year".  To always be learning and growing and experiencing life in new ways.

Keep life fresh.

3 comments:

  1. what a great idea! i cant even imagine what the star wars party is going to be like. i cant wait to hear about it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. ya i want to hear about the party tooooo i wish i could come! i would dress up like jaba :(

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is an amazing idea! I want to be more like you and keep life fresh.

    ReplyDelete