Wednesday, February 6, 2013

its really happening

For a few months, I've been preparing for my upcoming adventure... reading a ton, buying things (get the gear!), etc - but when my backpack arrived in the mail, as soon as I put it on I got this completely overwhelming feeling of .... 
Am I really doing this? ...I'm really doing this! ... woah... this is really happening!
It surprised me how that one thing really made it all come together in my mind.
It happened again today when I purchased my ticket to San Diego... and I am sure it will continue to happen as the time comes nearer.

This is really happening. 

Sally got her backpack for her summer adventures recently too - I'm certain she had the same excited and overwhelmed emotional reaction. :)

Here are a few pictures of C, Sal, and I at Lake Thunderbird:
 



5 comments:

  1. I love your adventurous spirit :) and I'm glad everything is coming together for you! Hopefully it will be a great experience for you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. so excited to hear about it! i hope there is a way for you to make contact in someway even if its just an instagram post so that we know youre alive!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'll be blogging along the way and then I'll send out an "I'm safe" signal every night that will also give my location. :) I'll give you the website so you can track me! :)

      Delete
  3. This is so exciting! I would be filled with all levels of anxiety haha.

    Weren't you telling me at one point that you are considering buying a tracking device of sorts so we can follow you and such?

    What are Sally's summer adventures going to be? Something planned or new?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yep! I'll give you the website so you can watch me go... inch by inch on the map haha.

      Sally is going to be adventurous with C this summer - visiting National Parks around the country! She is very excited. haha

      Delete