Monday, February 1, 2010

great start!

This is what happened: January is a tricky little bitch. It tried to convince me that I was sick and unhappy... I will not be fooled. I reloaded on over the counter drugs, water and tissues - you can't get me, sickness! And I won't be fooled by your cold weather and lack of sunlight - I will have fun and happiness despite these tricks.

February is off to an amazing start and I predict it will be a lovely month!

Today:

1. Wake up and work out for the first time in too long! Feels good to be back! (Even if it's at 5:30 am!) It is amazing how much exercising does for the body and mind!



2. Food. I love eating healthy. My new favorite menu:

breakfast: banana and black coffee (and granola bar if I'm really hungry!)

lunch: (as pictured above): YUMMY SALAD! (spinach, walnuts, dried blueberries, apple slices, goat cheese, and raspberry dressing! with all those toppings, just eat a little less and enjoy it more!!)

snack: little bag of baby carrots

dinner: (this needs improvement... but hopefully my recipe of the week will help me there!) :) today? vodka sauce and noodles accompanied by a glass of wine!

dessert: 3 homemade chocolate chunk cookies to be eaten at any time throughout the day! yum!

Also, the social resolution is off to a great start!

Life is good.

3 comments:

  1. That sounds so healthy! Laura is going to be shrinking!

    ReplyDelete
  2. mmm that salad does look quite delish!
    your keeping in touch month is also going to include seeing me in person!!!!!!!!!!!!! omg, i can NOT wait.

    lymi!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. that salad looks A.MA.ZING!!! good for you, eating healthy!!

    ReplyDelete