Friday, February 12, 2010

snow day!


Well, in the past 6 years NYC DOE has had 2 snow days. One last year, and ONE THIS WEEK!

I thought it was so weird because it didn't seem to snow very much, but apparently that was because I spent the time in Manhattan - Brooklyn apparently got pretty crazy! :)

Here are some highlights!
No, I did not build this... but my neighbor did! And my neighbor is apparently a very talented snowman builder!

We woke up early, and did some work... (lame, je sais).

Then got our nails done! We were walking around the snow in flip flops so we looked pretty redic haha I picked out a dark purple, so it reminded me of Kirsten!

Then, we saw Dear John. A cute movie, and if you ask Heather... a tear jerker. ;)
And topped the day off with a nice brewsky and live music at Brother Jimmy's.
It was kind of weird - the day felt like a random Sunday. Overall, a very relaxing break in the middle of the LAST WEEK BEFORE BREAK! (couldn't be more excited that I'm on break now!)

4 comments:

  1. snow days are the best days! haha it's so like you to go out and do things on a day that most people would sit around and drink hot chocolate and watch movies. that's why i love you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. what a fun snow day! im also glad you chose dark purple bc its the best ever!!!!! but currently mine are dark blue i may change them to gray again tomorrow. maybe today.

    ReplyDelete
  3. ps. the word i had to type in was stess. way too close to stress. thanks blogger for reminding me of my stress level!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That snowman is ridic! And I love that you read a trashy mag while getting your hair done! I like to pretend I am above them, but when I go to the dentist...that is what I grab. Who has a baby bump?!?!?!

    ReplyDelete