Saturday, February 27, 2010

snow day #2!

Amazing. NYC did not have a snow day for 6 years. And this year we got TWO! and this one made for a 3 day weekend!!! This was pretty much one of the best days ever! Started off with chatting with my coworkers at 5am talking about how we hoped it would happen... and then it did! I had a nice, relaxing morning - watched some tv, made some oatmeal, didn't get dressed until around noon! Then I headed up to the city.

Got a much needed hair cut and bought some MUCH needed rain boots - "plastic shoes" as I like to call them. These things are genius - they give you so much walking freedom its really amazing! Oh, big puddle? Nothing my plastic shoes can't handle. Oh, yucky slush? No problem! Love it.

Then we ventured into Central Park. I LOVE Central Park!! It had 20 inches of snow and it was a winter wonderland! So many people were out playing and sledding and chatting and living! I loved it!
We went to the Great Lawn to stay away from the trees (it was kind of dangerous out there!) Here is a video of Heather and Alison frolicking happily in the knee-high snow!
Then we built my first real snow man! It was so much fun! I loooove playing in the snow! It was kind of a work out too! I told Nisah (my coteacher) that I was going to build us a boyfriend... I must say - he's a looker! :)
For more pictures of our snow-filled fun in Central Park, check out my facebook album! :)

Then we headed over to "Halloween Bar" as we call it (Pat O'Briens) to have some drinks and ended up playing some beer pong!
Beer pong just makes 'going out for a drink' feel way more college-social-y. So much fun!

Earlier in the day, Emilie (my Broadway guru) told me that Hair was having a snow day special AND the cast is about to go to London and I wanted to see them before they left.
Wicked is my favorite 'story' of a show that I have seen but Hair is definitely my favorite show! When I saw it last time, I felt like I didn't get to enjoy it as much as I should have and knew I had to see it again! and i DID! It was AMAZING!!!! The audience was really great and I LOVE the tribe (aka. the cast). The story is great. The music - SO FUN. Ah! I LOVE IT! :)

I'm going to spill over into the weekend, because the snow ALSO gave me a free Saturday by cancelling grad school!

I got to see one of my friends, Lyndsey, perform in NYU's A Midsummer Night's Dream. It was soo good! It was really fun to see her perform - she did an awesome job! Shakespeare is a funny man. The show was geared towards families and such and the kids in the audience LOVED it - it was so nice to see little kids enjoy Shakespeare. There was question and answer time at the end and they were asking some awesome questions! I've decided that I want to take more advantage of NYU and other collegiate happenings around the city!

Aaaaand I finally hung out with Natalie in our neighborhood! Lived within blocks for months, and finally - we hang out! :) Here's a picture to prove it!
We've done it twice in two days... so I think the trend looks good!

This weekend only further restored my deep love for life, and NYC!

2 comments:

  1. Glad you had a great time Laura!
    Miss you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. i like your snow man boyfriend! he's so giant!!! and i'm glad you got to have a snow day to get an extra little breaky break!

    ReplyDelete