Saturday, February 27, 2010

recipe #4

Minestrone Soup!
I discovered a recipe app on my phone! I think I'll end up using it more for inspiration than anything else (it doesn't use a lot of fresh ingredients, mostly canned/boxed/frozen stuff). But it does have tons of great ideas I can peruse during down time! I actually decided to make this when I was out to dinner with the fam and had a good cup of minestrone as an appetizer!

Ingredients:
Chicken broth, carrots, peas, green beans, celery, kidney beans, stewed tomatoes, pasta, basil, garlic, salt/pepper. (can we say eat your veggies?!)

Directions:
I just added some of all the above into a big pot and let it cook for about 15 minutes. haha

Laura's Review
I cooked this for Heather and Alison one night and it was really good! They enjoyed it as well! Suuuper easy to make, and pretty healthy! Everybody loves a good hot soup in the cold winter. :)

Then we had some Crumbs for dessert. I must say - Crumbs can make any day (good or bad) a better day. And Kirsten - you are right - sometimes the filling is the best part! (the Raspberry filling on the one we got was AMAZING)

2 comments:

  1. i ate minstrone soup the other day! im not sure how i feel about it

    i just craved that raspberry filling! well, craved what i imagine it tasting like, which is wonderful of course!

    ReplyDelete
  2. i am making this today....it sounds SO amazing to me right now!!

    ReplyDelete