Monday, April 4, 2011

13.1

This weekend I ran my half marathon!

Goal time: 2 hours, 30 minutes
Actual time 2 hours, 2 minutes

This might sound like an odd thing to say, but I'm really proud of myself. I made a plan for training and I stuck to it really well! I even ran on vacations in Oklahoma, New Orleans, and Florida! When I started training, running 3 miles was admittedly really difficult for me - now, its like a warm up. I am honestly surprised at how much stronger I feel.

I shaved a lot of time off my normal pacing - I had done all my runs by myself, and it was really motivating to be running with thousands of other women and with all the people cheering us on!

Here are some pictures!

My mom and dad came in town for the weekend!

Me running - this is around mile 11ish where I start to feel tired. haha

Some friends who came out to cheer me on!
Heather even ran the last mile with me - it meant so much!

It was so heartwarming to see my friends and family support me like that! Just another reminder of how blessed I am with such wonderful people in my life.

Future goals:
So far in 2011, I have run 200 miles! So now, going forward, I want to run 500 miles in 2011.
I also feel like this is a first step (of many) towards doing a triathalon - a goal that I've had for a while and hope to do in the next few years.

1 comment:

  1. yay! how exciting!

    i want to do a triathalon too! i just dont think i will ever be able to run on ground though haha

    ReplyDelete