Wednesday, March 23, 2011

relax?

I have been loving life - I know this is the title of my blog, but lately it has been genuinely true. Recently, I have ended most days just smiling at how wonderful people and things and food and everything is! I feel a little like Kirsten because everything is becoming my favorite! haha I've recently taken some awesome trips (which I need to blog about) and have also really and truly been enjoying my time at home too. Life is good. :)

I have also been working very hard. I have also been very strict with my training schedule for my half marathon (11 days away!).

All that combined resulted in a bit of a physical and emotional breakdown this week. I had been overcoming getting sick for a while and pushing through so I could maintain doing all the fun and necessary things in life. I tried to do it all... and for a long time I did!
And then this week:
Sunday night 9 mile run - body goes crazy - sick all night, did not go to sleep until 6am.
Monday - went to work at 9am (2 hours late), worked all day, physically upset, went to benefit dinner at the Met (Amazing) until late that night.
Tuesday - physically feel better, but mentally super stressed. Have to do so much. Want to do so much. Can only focus on one thing at a time. Training. Dinner with friends.
Wednesday - Woke up feeling overwhelmed physically and mentally. Decided to stay home. In my head, I knew I could push through, but something was telling me to listen to my body and take a day to relax. I slept for 14 hours. Clearly, my body was telling me something.

It feels good to let go and recognize I need a break from going-going-going. It feels good to allow myself that. I feel like I have learned that if I continue to push through all the time, I won't be as effective at my work and I won't enjoy the fun things as much. Now I'm ready to get back to hard work and really enjoy the next two weekends:
This weekend: FLORIDA!!! Callie, Tracy, and Brad. So EXCITED!
Next weekend: 1/2 Marathon! I've worked towards this for a long time, my parents are coming in town, etc. I'm excited!

2 comments:

  1. Well I'm glad you finally listened to your body and recuperated for a day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. im glad everything is your favorite! it is the most perfect feeling! :)

    i cant even believe you slept for 14 hours! i love it. and im jealous haha

    yall have fun this weekend and good luck on your half marathon!

    ReplyDelete