Sunday, March 13, 2011

the decision

My last blog was vague, but now that it is official I'm going to blog about the big decision. Most people who read this already know, but for the others out there, and for my own thought process in written form, this is the decision:

I am not going to teach next year.
I am moving from New York to Portland (either immediately or with a couple months detour in Dallas).
In 2012, I'll be going to grad school for a masters in public administration but in between now and then I will be enjoying the glory of a very purposeful gap year!

I have a million different emotions about this whole decision and life in general, but I feel confident that I am moving my life in the right direction. I have never been so uncertain about something but felt so good about it. I just know, in my heart, that its right.

I have so much more that I am feeling and thinking... but its not all quite ready for words yet. Stay tuned.

I'm happy about the past, the now, and the future.
Life is good.

1 comment:

  1. I'm so proud of you for going after what you want!! I could tell you're heart wasn't in to teaching next year & that you just wanted to move on to Portland, but I think it's great that you take the said purposeful gap year :)

    Have a BLAST in FL with Miss Callie et al.

    ReplyDelete