Saturday, January 29, 2011

Snow Day!

We have had SO MUCH snow in NYC! I have yet to see solid ground without snow in 2011. Crazy! Finally - FINALLY - we got a snow day.

It - was - amazing!

I woke up and cooked myself a nice omelet breakfast.
I mopped the floors - go me!
I ran 3 miles.

Then I went to the park. A snow day without playing in the snow is not a proper snow day. It is seriously like reliving childhood... only a childhood I never really had.

Snow day adventures at Central Park.

We had 5 different snow ball battles. We began amongst ourselves and soon planned attacks on other groups. The snow was PERFECT for snowball fighting. I must say, snowball fights are underrated - they are amazing.


There was this kid we called "Fresh" because his sweatshirt had a "fresh" logo on it haha. This little 8 year old was obsessed with attacking us haha. At first we were like... we can't attack an 8 year old - that ended pretty soon. Attack was on. (pictured above)

Then we went sledding. So fun!!
Ended the park fun with some hot coco. Greg had the brilliant idea of putting a mint tea bag in the hot coco - it has never tasted better in my whole life!

Here's the crew:

Later that night, I ended up going on a first date with one of the guys from the group. :) We went to a Moroccan restaurant by my house - he ordered delicious, indulgent things that I hadn't had the experience of having before. I really enjoyed it. I also love the conversation of getting to know somebody - such a beautiful thing.

Amazing day.

Snow days are the best days.

2 comments: