Monday, January 17, 2011

I'm awesome.

Before I begin, I'd just like to shout out 2011. It has been, and continues to be, a good year. So far this year has exemplified the creation of happiness. Generally speaking, you have to "build your reality" so why not choose an awesome one? To take the things you can control and make them the best possible versions of themselves; to ignore or settle with the things you cannot.

And now, to the point. I'm awesome.

Generally speaking, I don't think I come off as conceited and I don't think this statement necessarily shows that. We are all awesome, in our own ways, and we should feel free to own that.

A while back I was talking to Tracy about dating and she said (roughly speaking) "I don't get why I have to worry about dating and finding a boy... why can't I just concentrate on how awesome I am and enjoy my life?'

At the time, in my just-broken-up-and-feeling-lonely state of mind, I was envious of her but truly did not agree. To me, I thought "Yeah, that's nice but I really just want someone."

Envy no more. I am living Tracy's sentiments out. Oddly enough, attempting to date via match made me realize three things:
1. I had fun meeting people, and the whole dating thing was exciting... but
2. I'm happy with my life as it is. Yes, a man would be a nice addition... but I can honestly say that I don't need it. And that feels really good.
3. I like meeting people authentically. I think my brief experience with match showed me that it is a great sight and powerful way to meet people... but it doesn't live up to the real deal (for me anyway).

My plan for 2011 did include dating... and I think it still does. I'm still open to it, but I'm going to plan on just letting it happen as it happens.

I'm awesome. You're awesome.

Let's go be awesome.

3 comments:

  1. whoa, i totally had the same inspiration last week. crazy awesome! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. yay! im happy for you. i realized from my experience that you end up finding the greatest person once you have that mindset. granted, it still took a year plus some, but that doesnt really matter. have fun!!!

    ReplyDelete