Thursday, January 30, 2014

365 Denver: 171-180

Day 171
Tuesday, January 21
Field trip to the Butterfly Pavilion.

Day 172
Wednesday, January 22
work work work.... disheartening work

Day 173
Thursday, January 23
Went to a place called Beauty Bar with the ladies to celebrate a friends birthday. It was one of the weirdest bars I've ever seen... dive bar meets glitter and tacky decorations, manicures, a television fashion show watch party, then a Motown DJ with free chicken and waffles.  Fun night in a strange place.

Day 174
Friday, January 24
Super disheartening day at work... then kicked out of the building before I could finish all that I needed to do.  But then I went and had a lovely happy hour with some coworkers.  Somebody joked that the staff is so tight knit because the school is such a mess... and I agree.  But more than that, they are truly people who I would call a friend if we met at the park.  And for that, I am very lucky. 
Then, I had delightful birthday chocolate and wine with your classic "I hate my job" movie. 

Day 175
Saturday, January 25
A lovely day exploring Winter Park!
I did (and always do) enjoy my brief escape from civilization.

Day 176
Sunday, January 26
Ice golf!  Put-put on a frozen lake!
It was incredibly windy so we didn't make it far... but still had a blast!

Day 177
Monday, January 27
My key chain broke, and my exterior door key fell off.  I discovered this, of course, while letting Sally out in 10 degree weather at 6:00am.  A neighbor finally let me in at 7:20.   Not an ideal way to start the week...

Day 178
Tuesday, January 28
Yet another horrible day at work... I cried on my way home.  But that is one of my favorite things about volleyball nights!  I get to be a different person, pretend that none of it exists, and have fun with friends playing volleyball.  Its the best.

Day 179
Wednesday, January 29
Today was a glimmer of light in the darkness that is work.  I was selected by our nutrition program to be the formal observation for our school.  It went so well - the kids were great, the reviews were glowing, we had fun, etc.  It reminded me that I am a good teacher, that I can be a good teacher, and that I can love teaching. 
We got a grant to hire a paraprofessional to help our classrooms... which has been great for all the other K classrooms.  My para, however, adds way more stress and work to my life.  So today, I took 2 hours to write him step by step instructions and expectations for the entire day... which of course was basically ineffective... but we try.

Day 180
Thursday, January 30
I didn't have hot water the past two days, but now I do! Yay!!
Expected 6-12 inches of snow tonight... snow day tomorrow??

No comments:

Post a Comment