Thursday, October 17, 2013

Great American Beer Festival!

Last Saturday Lauren, Pam, and I went to the Great American Beer Festival.  Basically heaven for beer lovers... and I love beer.  Hundreds of breweries with thousands of delicious beers from all over the country come for this competition/festival!  You just stroll around with your 1oz tasting glass and try beers all night long.  We made pretzel necklaces (a common and popular item) to snack on.  Also, picked up some sweet SWAG.

We had a BLAST.
Had a friend-making "competition"... and made tons of friends. 
Tried too many beers to count and loved about 90% of them. 

Here are some highlights.
 Excited!  Also, I love the bear peeking in the convention center.  Somebody give that bear a beer.
 I thought I'd take a picture of my favorite breweries... but then they were pretty much all my favorite so I stopped.  But I was excited to try beers near and far - here's a new place to try in Golden!
 Some people dress up in weird outfits.  Why?  Who's to say.  But it's fun.
 We watched a family feud game between some brewers.  He is a brewer at a bar near my house! Made friends with him and tried on his hat.  It was sweaty.  Good shot of my pretzel necklace and accumulating SWAG too!
 Made friends with the Alaskan Brewing Company.  Spent a long time at their booth.  They were fun. And had mascots.
Shenanigans.

Love beer.
Love friends.
Love Colorado.

1 comment: