Tuesday, September 27, 2011

Home/Work

So, how is life in Norman?   Well, it is wonderful.  

Norman has been so surprisingly comforting.  A comfort that I didn't know I needed until I had it.  New York brought on a lot of anxiety and other negatively charged words/emotions to me that I hadn't really recognized,  and being in Norman is cleansing me of them.  I love being in my old town, surrounded by football lovers and that smaller town, southern(ish) charm.  Even though many-most have moved on, I still get to see a lot of old friends, which is one of the absolute best parts. 

Living with T & C has been so lovely!  I love chatting and laughing with them a lot.  Surprisingly, I really like living with 4 dogs too! haha They add a lot of life and activity to the house, which I love.  Plus they get SO excited to see you, and uncontrollably excited when its time to go on a walk.  Its so beautiful how easily pleased dogs can be. :)  
The house is beautiful too - I feel so lucky to have this backyard.  

How's work?  Well, it is a lot more boring, much less eventful, slight relative pay cut, slight purpose cut, but exactly what I wanted for right now.  I have my own office (so I feel real fancy)!
I ride my bike to work (amazing), work from 8-5 with a luxurious one-hour lunch break, and then I'm done.  No taking work home, no doing homework for class after - just done.  Life after work is mine.  It is so liberating.  The people I work with are also all fantastic - bright faces around the office all the time, but there is definitely a professional/personal boundary which I appreciate, especially after the lack thereof at my former job.  

Do I miss New York?  Of course.  

But I am so very happy with all the recent changes in my life.

All smiles!

1 comment:

  1. i'm so glad that you're enjoying norman and your new life! i can't wait to see you!

    ReplyDelete