Sunday, September 18, 2011

State Fair!

Yesterday, Brad and I went to the Oklahoma State Fair! 
 
While not as big or exciting as the Texas State Fair (but everything is bigger and better in Texas, right?) it was a lot of fun!  Although rain was in the forecast, it turned out to be a very nice day.  I was happy to see a plethora of food carts offering fried and non-fried items to eat on a stick.  I was a little disappointed to not find any crazy fried things, such as fried butter - perhaps another time.  We did have some delicious turkey legs! Yumm...

One of my favorite parts of fairs are the games!  I LOVE playing the games. Trying to knock over what looks like a reasonable amount of pins with a single ball... trying to toss a ring onto a bottle among a sea of bottles, etc.   It is all such a rip off, yet such a childlike delight.  And look what I won!
 
I named him Ernie. 

And at the very end we saw some trick dogs (pretty neat) and some native dancing.  We talked about how much we appreciate people embracing, celebrating, and continuing traditions in their cultures.  

I love Oklahoma.

1 comment: