Wednesday, October 19, 2011

I want to ride my bicycle!

Cliff Bars have started a 2 mile challenge - to ride your bike, walk, or use public transportation for all your errands, activities, etc. within 2 miles from your home.  As you log points, it raises money for nonprofit organizations with missions to raise awareness and support for alternative transportation.  
Since getting my awesome bicycle, I have 117 miles and saved 107 lbs in CO2! 

Burn calories - not gas!

One of my goals for myself after leaving New York was to develop a healthy, active lifestyle.  I feel like riding my bike is making a great contribution to that goal, as well as being environmentally friendly.  I consider myself so lucky that I am able to take my bike so much! 

Love.

3 comments:

  1. I will have to sign up for that...I got a new bike myself recently, a shiny new folding bike, and I have been using that or public transportation (or sometimes, taking the bike on public transportation) pretty much ever since. And since it's so easy to transport when I'm not riding it, I think I'll be able to keep it up once the bad weather sets in. So excited!

    ReplyDelete