Tuesday, August 2, 2011

Hawaii!!!

I recently went on a trip to Hawaii to celebrate being done with TFA and grad school - it was amazing and I only hope I get to go back again in the future!  My camera broke the week before the trip (devastating) so I won't be able to include pictures, but these are the highlights of the trip:

People/Lifestyle
In the past couple years, I have truly realized that the people you are surrounded by make a tremendous impact on your experience/life.  I went on the trip with my friend Brittany - I couldn't have asked for a better travel partner.  To top that we stayed at her brother's house and were surrounded by tons of really great people.  Some of my favorite moments were just hanging around the house, feasting and drinking - it reminded me of college a lot.  I also want to take parts of their lifestyle and incorporate it into mine - they are incredibly active and emotionally relaxed.  They live for adventure, friends, new experiences, etc.

Beauty
I am used to seeing/hearing very beautiful, awe-inspiring things created by man - it is a whole different ballgame when it is all in nature.  Hawaii's landscape is truly incredible.  I even felt a bit silly - I had obviously seen pictures and videos of Hawaii, but seeing it person was somehow surprising.  I just couldn't believe it really existed.  

Top Activities:
- Surfing (way harder than it looks!)
- Snorkeling with sea turtles/reef and fishes
- Bonfire on the North Shore
- Hiking (amazing)

I loved Hawaii - it was the perfect trip. 
Smiling still.

1 comment:

  1. how perfect! i am vicariously living through your adventure! i just wish there were photos to go along with it :( poor camera.

    ReplyDelete