Wednesday, August 31, 2011

Ch-Ch-Changes

In a few hours, I'll be on a plane heading back to Texas/Oklahoma.  I'll officially end this phase in life and start a new one.  People have been asking me how I feel, or if I am ready, etc.  Through the process of this move, I have probably felt every emotion on the spectrum, but I can honestly say that now I am 75% happy and excited, and 25% sad.  It is hard to leave something/someplace/someone you love, but it is so much easier when you're going to something/someplace/someone else you love.  My friend Christie and I were talking about how sometimes it feels like life just leads you a certain way and without understanding it, once you get there, you just know it's right.  That's how I feel about this move. 

Among the many things, I will miss...

... taking public transportation everywhere.  
... an easy opportunity to do/eat/watch/etc. pretty much anything I could want... and usually at any time.
... Central Park and Prospect Park
... New England day trips - beautiful, quaint towns
... temperate summers and the crisp fall (but not the frigid winters!!)
... pizza, folded up, eaten on the street
... bagels - with that good ol' NYC tap water and Jewish recipe. mmm...
... brunching like nowhere else
... diversity 
... walking a lot every day 

most of all, 

... the people. I feel so blessed to have made such wonderful friends who were with me through the best and the worst - who made NYC feel like home.  I will miss them so much, but look forward to visits and chats and life long memories and friendships. 

Bye NYC - Love you, mean it. 

No comments:

Post a Comment