Monday, September 6, 2010

Change

Oh my - it has been far too long since I have blogged. I attribute this to my 2 week vacation (amazing - to be blogged about in the near future), over 60 hour work weeks, and my free time being mostly devoted to the treacherous process of moving. But alas, here I am - in Barnes and Nobles for use of free internet - finally blogging again.

Soon, I'll blog about all the wonderful things - mainly my trip to the south, weddings, new apartment, and fun happenings around the city. For now, I need to blog about something that has almost consumed my mind as of late: change. There are few things that remained constant in my life the past few years, and I find my life altogether changing drastically again.

"There is nothing wrong with change, if it is the right decision"
- Winston Churchill

New Apartment
I am so excited to be living in my new apartment. I never understood the psychological effects of space until now - moving from my tiny, lonely studio into a spacious apartment, and specifically into my new bedroom, I just feel more at ease. There's really no rhyme or reason to it - I just automatically feel more comfortable because of the space, the division of rooms, and the fact that I'm not alone. This, dear Winston, was definitely the right decision.

A Place to Call Home...
A change that has been developing pretty steadily since moving is my comfort level in NYC. I can now say that I feel comfortable in my own skin here. I feel at home here. And I feel like I have an established set of people in my life that I can rely on - happily, a set that continues to grow.

Finding the positives...
There are many other changes (mostly dealing with work) that have been very difficult for me. Because of these changes, I often have to fight feeling devalued or without confidence or just so frustrated I begin to not care. My 2nd year teaching has definitely had a rocky start... but I'm trying to find the positives and embrace the hell out of them and then in turn settle with the things I'm currently struggling with.

Glad to be back. LYMI

1 comment: