Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Washington, DC

Last weekend I went to DC round trip for $2.50!!!! And the bus shows movies and has plugs and wifi! Now that I know about this MegaBus amazing-ness its going to be hard not to make more frequent trips! I had such an awesome time!!

My friend Mina moved to DC a few months ago and I decided to visit her! Mina is a friend from high school so its amazing how much we still connect all these years later! I love her to death - aaaaand it was her BIRTHDAY! (Happy Birthday Mina!)

We brunched, we wandered, we frolicked, we drank. I had a lovely time! It was a great "mini-vaca".

I felt like DC was basically a more "home-town" version of NY. All the big city appeal but with a much calmer, cleaner, prettier, more open feel! Georgetown was soooo precious and the cupcakes really are amazing!
I also LOVED the market area we went to - only confirming my need to visit high quality markets more!

All these important monuments and buildings kept popping out of nowhere! It was crazy kinda haha.

I really loved DC. and I really loved hanging out with Mina!

I'm going back for 4th of July and super excited about it! Where better to celebrate our nation's birthday than in our nation's capital?!

Aaaand here is a picture of my new favorite bar in Brooklyn. All outdoors. Great margs. Have I mentioned I love NY? ;)

Oh and do you remember The Sandlot? Because I just rediscovered how AMAZING it its!

3 comments:

  1. When I was in high school my only goal in life was to live in DC...things have obviously changed, but it is SUCH A FREAKING COOL CITY!!!

    Tucker is a yorkie. He is so presh, but they are a NIGHTMARE to potty train (ask any yorkie owner...)

    I will teach you to be MacGyver next time I see you. Basically you'll be a not so sneaky ninja, which is cool too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. i wish i could go to dc for 2.50, then i would be able to make it to my friends sisters amazing wedding!!!! so jealous of the adventure!

    ReplyDelete
  3. you could say "mini-vaca"... OR, "minA-vaca"
    haha, ok, i know it was a lame joke.

    ReplyDelete