Wednesday, January 13, 2010

First of many...

Never too late to blog about Christmas, right? haha

This was my Christmas Eve - sleeping on a cot provided by the lovely American Airlines in DFW airport (yes, minutes from my parent's home haha) Here are some things that I pondered on my extended time at the airport:
- What may seem like a bad situation can often not be fixed, so you might as well have some fun with it, if you can. (like drinking in an airport bar with other stranded people)
- Bad situations often bring people together. I thought it was interesting that on the whole trip people were walking along this fine line between being grumpy and complaining and embracing it as my first point suggests - to my surprise 99% of people I encountered on this Christmas Eve (all of whom wanted to be with loved ones) chose the latter. It was delightful to see that level of positivity in people.
- Its almost strange how much we open up to people when traveling. When meeting someone 'at home' I am probably one of the more open and friendly people... but in traveling, I find that most people are much more willing to open up and let you into their world. Theres a sense of freedom in knowing that you're stuck with that person and you can make a fun, yet brief connection without having to worry about adding them into our already complicated lives. (This is definitely not to say that I want to live like Up In the Air... but an interesting thing to note).

And then I made it!
It was really refreshing to see my family - I hadn't seen my brother since last Christmas (crazy!) and everybody else either since last Christmas or around graduation. It was short, but sweet. Very nice to see everybody, and I'll admit, it did make me wish I lived
closer to family. (I don't really think I've ever said that before haha)

Here are some presh pics:
Me and Tori (cousin)
All the cousins and Granny
Its nice to be reminded how blessed I am.

2 comments:

  1. Loved your insights! And the CUTE pictures! And of course, we loved seeing you and look forward to February!

    ReplyDelete
  2. i'm sad that you had to stay in the airport, but glad that you made the best of it! and now you've had an adventure! i'm excited about this more blogging that you've promised!!!

    ReplyDelete