Saturday, July 25, 2009

Lucky.

First of all, I can't believe how long it's been since I've been able to blog! Secondly, as soon as I typed "Lucky" I thought of that Brittney Spears song and now its super stuck in my head. Finally, I feel very lucky - to have wonderful friends to share memories with and continue our friendships across the country or wold, to have opportunities of a life time, to meet amazing new friends, to be able to make learn so much each day, to impact the lives of others, and to live in this amazing city!

On BroadwayOne of my roommates Emilie is my Broadway guru. She knows all there is to know about Broadway, okay. Its pretty amazing. So two weekends ago, we went to go see Avenue Q and it was AMAZING! It was so funny I can't even tell you. We were running across town, we had to take a cab because the subway would have taken too long but then we got stuck in traffic and had to hop out of the cab and run (literally run) down the streets to the theatre - we sat down literally just as the overture started playing! Amazing timing haha.

The show was sooo funny! I would say "you gotta see it" but its closing in a month... so that may be a little hard haha. Its about this boy who graduates from college, moves to NY and doesn't have any money ...it was pretty easy to relate to! hahah. The performance was fantastic! There are these puppets in the show... kind of hard to explain and I thought it'd be weird but I loved it! haha And the songs were sooo funny! I just loved it! I can't wait to go to another show! haha

Tricia's wedding!!!
Mrs. Wynn!!! Tricia was such a beautiful bride!!

I was sooo glad to be a part of such a beautiful union between two wonderful people!

So let me tell you what - it was such a great weekend! First of all, I had been looking forward to this wedding since I found out about it, and it was crazy that it was finally here! Tricia looked absolutely beautiful and everything about the wedding embodied "Tricia". We were all talking about it during/after and it just completely displayed her character and personality - very classy, beautiful, romantic, and fun! Its amazing when two people love each other as much as Tricia and Nate, and I hope they live a very long and happy life together!

And I got to see some friends from OU who I didn't know would be there!Its funny how not that much time has passed since I've seen them, but oh my gosh does it feel like so long! It was great to catch up and chat about whats new in our lives.

Welcome home!
So let me tell you something. I had the most amazing flight back on Sunday night after the wedding. As you know if you read my previous blog, you can use the internet on the airplane!!! To answer some questions, yes it costs money - $6, but thats how much you have to pay for it in the airport anyway! And it kind of saved my life because I had work I had to do and turn in - I was going to turn it in on my layover, but weather made our flight longer so I would have like no time on my layover so good thing I could turn it in while 25k feet in the sky.

Now the amazing part. Because of the weather we had to fly around the airport... I have never been happier to have the window seat. I'm looking out and I see water, and then a bunch of big buildings and then a huge gaping whole... and I think to myself "that must be ground zero... what else could it be... but you're not allowed to fly over that area" and then I hear a kid on the other side say "look mom - the Statue of Liberty!" and I was like "oh my gosh - thats ground zero!" Then we preceeded to fly over all of Manhattan - birds eye view from Financial District with ground zero, across Time's Square, over Central Park, and just for Callie - both of the Yankee's stadiums. Then we turned towards the airport and got an amazing view of the skyline. All of this, at dusk! It was potentially one of the most beautiful views I've ever had and something so few people probably get to experience. It was an amazing way for the world to say "welcome home." I didn't have a camera with me, but I kind of liked that I didn't - I captured it with my eyes and will always have it with me, and no lense would have done it justice.

I love/miss my old home.
I love my new home.

Random pic from NY:
One of my new favorite restaurants... and $3 Margs!!! :)

Love,
Laura

3 comments:

  1. I CAN'T FREAKING WAIT TO LIVE THERE WITH YOU!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. 1. i love your new blog background! it's so sunny and you!
    2. 6 dollars is not that expensive to use the internet in the sky!
    3. i wish i could see avenue q. :( hopefully some day i can catch a traveling show sometime in my life!
    4. YOU look beautiful at tricia's wedding. she does too, of course, but i wanted to emphasize that YOU do too.
    5. isn't it weird how something that would be so annoying (having to do loops around a city in an airplane) could be wonderful under the right circumstances. i remember that we had to do that once when i was like 7 and i took it for granted, of course. i can't imagine how wonderful it would have been for you!!! (yay yankee stadium!)
    6. loooove you!
    7. i still love that you love mj! i doubt as much as i do, but i have an obsession, so...
    7. love you still!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It is always like Laura to take something annoying and make it beautiful.

    ReplyDelete