Friday, January 25, 2013

bagel friday

New York is known for its bagels, and rightfully so.  When I lived there, I fell in love with bagels.  Not the kind you buy at the store, or the type you'll get in a Starbucks. Real bagels - thick, soft, delicious bagels.  

To treat myself for making it to then end of the week, I had Bagel Friday!  It also prevented me from having Bagel Monday-Thursday.  I looked forward to that bagel all week and cherished it once it came.
It's the little things.

I recently decided to bring back Bagel Friday!! There is a really yummy bagel shop in town called Old School Bagel Cafe, with the tag line "No New York in the name, but the bagels are the same!"  And I will say, they are the closest I've had to a good NY bagel.  And they have pretty good coffee too which isn't so much a plus as it is a requirement.

Bagel Friday is the best.

5 comments:

  1. Did C go and enjoy some capers?
    Shaun T has been kicking me in the butt!! I am so sore right now when I get up to walk around at work I look like I have to take a giant poo...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yummm...I usually have bagels on Fridays, too! When I'm not running late...

    ReplyDelete
  3. mmmmmm i had a asiago bagel at the airport. i forgot how good they are!

    ReplyDelete
  4. i love old school bagels! there's one in edmond that i've gone to every time i've been home. my mom says they're just like new york bagels too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. that looks super yummy! i must say, i dont think i have ever had a bagel that is super delicious. hopefully i can try one soon!

    ReplyDelete