Sunday, December 12, 2010

under my um-ber-ella.



Umbrellas.

Is there any other object available to us that fails so regularly at fulfilling its relatively simple purpose after hundreds of years of existence? None that I can think of.

The idea of the umbrella has stayed relatively the same since ancient Egyptian times... yet somehow your average umbrella will fail to perform effectively.

An item made for bad weather that cannot stand up to bad weather? Silly. A bit too much wind and your screwed, not to mention left looking silly in the middle of the street, fumbling around with an inverted umbrella while rain slaps your face. Trying to put down the umbrella... lets just hope nobody behind you is in a rush.

Is it just me? Do umbrellas hate me? Or does everybody suffer my umbrella plight?

Silly.

3 comments:

  1. Hahahaha! In Scotland I was so proud of my umbrella for not being crap and flipping inside out when these indian ladies in front of me had their betray them. Then, the next day...it happened and I cursed it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. i hate them! i have stopped using them in ireland even though it rains all the time. but i never buy a jacket without a hood!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. that is the exact reason i bought the most amazing bubble umbrella at target! it is impossible for it to flip inside out and it surrounds me thus keeping me protected from the fierce oklahoma wind. you should invest in one!

    ReplyDelete