Thursday, December 2, 2010

Southern Comfort

Coming home from Thanksgiving was the first time that I wasn't just thrilled to be coming back to NYC. I love New York... but I feel like I don't really get to enjoy it. (maybe/hopefully this will change)

I miss Texas/Oklahoma. I never thought I would really want to live there forever, but when I was down there for Thanksgiving I just kept thinking "Yep. It'd be nice to live down here." (Not Houston... yuck. But in Texas at least.) I miss the people, friends, family, cars, suburbs, weather, etc. etc. But I feel like if I moved back, I'd be missing on something else. What else? Not quite sure.

I should be working. Work, work, work. Always working, and it's never enough.

What will I do next year?!
What will I do with my life?!

7 comments:

  1. oh lord i think i know exactly how you feel! i have been struggling SO much with what to do with my life. i have no idea what's going to happen next september and i am at a place where i really just want to have some kind of plan. i also know what you mean about feeling like you're missing out if you move back to texas. but it would be nice at the same time.....oh whatever will we do?!

    ReplyDelete
  2. it is nice to hear that we are all in the same position! i got sick of oklahoma last year and decided i was moving back to tx, moved to okc and decided i liked it again, found out there are no jobs in okc so i would still move back to tx, and now im trying to move to ny. but none of these options are up to me. they are up to a computer program called match......

    ReplyDelete
  3. i struggle so much with where I want to live my life. I like it here most of the time, and I love my job most of the time...and I struggle with whether this graduate school thing is the right thing most of the time.

    I want to live in NY. I want to live in Chicago. I want to live in Colorado. I want to stay in OK. I miss my family and I miss Dallas.

    There are honestly days that I think, "That's it! I'm moving back to Dallas!" Then I realize there are no branches at my company in Dallas and I can't complete my master's degree in Dallas.

    I wish you great luck as you try to answer this difficult life decision :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. i am OFFENDED at the houston comment.

    not too much though :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I can barely read this the font and the background are not in my color vision!
    Anyways, it's a bitch this whole "The rest of my life thing". But right now I am watching a beautiful cardinal out of the kitchen window eat bird seed out of the feeder. That's nice and I will appreciate it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh, that's weird. It changed from purple font and magenta background to white and black. Now I can read it!

    ReplyDelete